Who is this course for?
- This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
- This course is especially good for anyone who is perhaps studying fashion design or has an interest in fashion design as a career.
- You may choose to do our 2 day dressmaking or 2 day pattern drafting dependant on your individual needs and skills.
- You may purchase this and book a date later (valid for up to 6 months)
Both classes will be thought individually on the day, you get a choice of one. Please read and bring the materials required for your preferred class below.
What will I learn in this class?
You will learn (Dressmaking):
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally, how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
- Most people complete at least 1 garment!
In our Pattern Drafting version you will learn:
- How to draft a bodice, sleeve and skirt block
- A variety of block adaptations
- How to construct toiles
- You will design up to 1/2 garments and produce patterns for these
- If time allows you will also construct the garment toille!
What materials do I need?
You will need (Dressmaking):
- A pattern (based on your skill level)
- Fabric (amount determined by pattern choice)
- Interfacing (if called for by the pattern)
- Invisible zip (if called for by the pattern)
You will need (Pattern Drafting):
- 3 metres of calico
- Set square
Whats special about this class?
Our classes are kept small and are thought by qualified fashion designers. We focus on what it is you want to achieve from the course and as the classes are kept so small we find students manage to get a lot of work done in these intensive bursts.
How long is this class?
6 hours each day for 2 days with a 30 minute break.
October 21st & 22nd 1pm - 7pm (sold out)
November 18th & 19th 1pm - 7pm
February 17th & 18th 2pm - 8pm sold out
March 9th & 10th 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
April 20th & 21st 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
May 18th & 19th 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
June 15th & 16th 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
July 20th & 21st 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
August 17th & 18th 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
September 21st & 22nd 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
October 19th & 20th 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
November 16th & 17th 2pm - 8pm on Saturday, 12pm-6pm on Sunday
*Unfortunately, no refunds are given. Please make sure that you, or the person you are gifting the workshop to, can attend this workshop.
If you cannot attend the workshop we can reschedule your workshop for a future course if you inform us up to 21 days prior to the workshop's start date. If you request to reschedule less than 21 days before the workshop starting date we will not be in a position to change the date. Places can be given to a friend if you can no longer attend - please inform us as soon as you can with the new attendee's contact details.