Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace. This course is especially good for anyone who is perhaps studying fashion design or has an interest in fashion design as a career.
You may choose to do our 3 day fashion design or 3 day dressmaking dependant on your individual needs and skills.
What will I learn in this class?
For this course you choose which version you would like to learn Fashion Design or Dressmaking , if you have not got any experience in Dressmaking then you should choose Dressmaking.
You will learn (Dressmaking)
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
- Most people complete at least 2 garments
In our Fashion Design version you will learn:
- How to draft a bodice, sleeve and skirt block
- A variety of block adaptations
- How to construct toilles
- You will design up to 1/2 garments and produce patterns for these
- If time allows you will also construct these garments in class .
Whats special about this class?
Our classes are kept small and are thought by qualified fashion designers. We focus on what it is you want to achieve from the course and as the classes are kept so small we find students manage to get a lot of work done in these intensive bursts.
How long is this class?
6 hours each day for 3 days.
What materials will I need?
This will depend on each person and will be discussed before course.
Dressmaking requirements are as follows
You are welcome to contact us for more info but what you will need is:
A pattern (based on your skill level)
Fabric (amount determined by pattern choice)
Interfacing (if called for by the pattern)
Invisible zip (if called for by the pattern)
Need help with your pattern? See here: how_to_choose_a_pattern_for_your_level.docx
June 13th, 14th, 15th
All classes will run from 10am-4pm, except Saturday is 1pm-7pm.