Who is this course for?
- This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
- This course is especially good for anyone who is perhaps studying fashion design or has an interest in fashion design as a career.
- You may choose to do our 2 day fashion design or 2 day dressmaking dependant on your individual needs and skills.
- You may purchase this and book a date later (valid for up to 6 months)
What will I learn in this class?
You will learn (Dressmaking):
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally, how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
- Most people complete at least 2 garments!
In our Fashion Design version you will learn:
- How to draft a bodice , sleeve and skirt block
- A variety of block adaptations
- How to construct toiles
- You will design up to 1/2 garments and produce patterns for these
- If time allows you will also construct these garments in class!
Whats special about this class?
Our classes are kept small and are thought by qualified fashion designers. We focus on what it is you want to achieve from the course and as the classes are kept so small we find students manage to get a lot of work done in these intensive bursts.
How long is this class?
6 hours each day for 2 days with a 30 minute break.
What materials will I need ?
For the dressmaking course we advise you bring:
- A pattern for a garment of your choice based on your skill level (feel free to call us to discuss)
- Fabric to match (the amount is written on the pattern)
- Closures (zip or buttons)
- Interfacing if required.
Due to covid restrictions these dates may change, any change will be subject to reschedule for any date suitable and in line with government guidelines.
October 22nd & 23rd ,1pm - 7pm (Sold Out)
November 12th & 13th, 1pm -7pm
December 3rd & 4th , 1pm - 7pm