Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace. You don't need any experience or your own machine.
What will I learn in this class?
You will learn:
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc.)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally, how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems!
What is special about this class?
This class is what we call our "cream of the crop class" and has been continually popular with our students over the years. In this class you can learn all of the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns or you can work on some alterations. The possibilities are endless!
How long is this class?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week, held on the same day each week consecutively.
Please note if you do miss a class or need to reschedule we allow one make up class per term. We can be flexible if we are given 2 weeks notice of days you may be not able to attend. Make up classes will be subject to availability.
Classes are non refundable.
What materials will I need?
You are welcome to contact us for more info but what you will need is:
- A pattern (based on your skill level)
- Fabric (amount determined by pattern choice)
- Interfacing (if called for by the pattern)
- Invisible zip (if called for by the pattern)
Need help with your pattern? See here: how_to_choose_a_pattern_for_your_level.docx
Next course dates:
If the dates listed are not suitable please contact us as we often have vacancies outside the scheduled dates!
- Tuesday 18th @ 10.30am OLD OUT
- Tuesday 18th @ 6pm SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 19th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 19th @ 6pm
- Saturday 22nd @ 11am SOLD OUT
- Saturday 22nd @ 1pm
- Tuesday 10th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 10th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 11th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 11th @ 6pm
- Saturday 14th @ 11am
- Tuesday 21st @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 21st @ 6pm
- Wednesday 22nd @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 22nd @ 6pm
- Saturday 25th @ 11am
- Tuesday 4th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 4th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 5th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 5th @ 6pm
- Saturday 8th @ 11am
- Tuesday 16th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 16th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 17th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 17th @ 6pm
- Saturday 20th @ 11am
- Tuesday 27th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 27th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 28th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 28th @ 6pm
- Saturday 1st @ 11am