Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace. You don't need any experience or your own machine.
What will I learn in this class?
You will learn:
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc.)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally, how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems!
What is special about this class?
This class is what we call our "cream of the crop class" and has been continually popular with our students over the years. In this class you can learn all of the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns or you can work on some alterations. The possibilities are endless!
How long is this class?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week, held on the same day each week consecutively.
Please note if you do miss a class or need to reschedule we allow one make up class per term. We can be flexible if we are given 2 weeks notice of days you may be not able to attend. Make up classes will be subject to availability.
Classes are non refundable.
What materials will I need?
You are welcome to contact us for more info but what you will need is:
- A pattern (based on your skill level)
- Fabric (amount determined by pattern choice)
- Interfacing (if called for by the pattern)
- Invisible zip (if called for by the pattern)
Need help with your pattern? See here: how_to_choose_a_pattern_for_your_level.docx
Next course dates:
Due to covid restrictions these dates may change, any change will be subject to reschedule for any date suitable and in line with government guidelines.
If the dates listed are not suitable please contact us as we often have vacancies outside the scheduled dates!
- Tuesday 10th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 10th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 11th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 11th @ 6pm
- Saturday 7th @ 10am
- Saturday 7th @ 12pm
- Tuesday 7th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 7th @ 6pm 1 space left
- Wednesday 8th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 8th @ 6pm 2 spaces left
- Saturday 11th @ 11am
- Tuesday 19th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 19th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 20th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 20th @ 6pm
- Saturday 23rd @ 11am
- Tuesday 6th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 6th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 7th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 7th @ 6pm
- Saturday 10th @ 11am
- Tuesday 18th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 18th @ 6pm
- Wednesday 19th @ 1.30pm
- Wednesday 19th @ 6pm
- Saturday 22nd @ 11am