Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace. You don't need any experience or your own machine. This is a mini version of our 6 week dressmaking course, perfect for making simple items like dresses or skirts!
What will I learn in this class?
You will learn:
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc.)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally, how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems!
What is special about this class?
In this class you can learn all of the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns or you can work on some alterations. The possibilities are endless!
How long is this class?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week, held on the same day each week consecutively.
Please note if you do miss a class or need to reschedule we allow one make up class per term. We can be flexible if we are given 2 weeks notice of days you may be not able to attend. Make up classes will be subject to availability.
Classes are non refundable.
What materials will I need?
You are welcome to contact us for more info but what you will need is:
- A pattern (based on your skill level)
- Fabric (amount determined by pattern choice)
- Interfacing (if called for by the pattern)
- Invisible zip (if called for by the pattern)
Tuesday 20th of September @ 10.30am
Tuesday 20th of September @ 6pm full
Wednesday 21st of September @ 1.30pm
Wednesday 21st of September @ 6pm full