Who is this course for ?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate , our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
This course is especially good for anyone who is perhaps studying fashion design or has an interest in Fashion design as a career.
You May choose to do our 2 day Fashion design or 2 day Dressmaking dependant on your individual needs and skills.
You may purchase this and book a date later ( valid for up to 6 months ) or you can reserve your place here http://www.whenpoppymetdaisy.com/reserve-your-place.html
What will I Learn in this class?
You will learn (Dressmaking)
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures ( zips etc )
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
- Most people complete at least 2 garments
In our Fashion Design version you will learn
- How to draft a bodice , sleeve and skirt block
- A variety of block adaptations
- How to construct toilles
- You will design up to 1/2 garments and produce patterns for these
- If time allows you will also construct these garments in class .
Whats special about this class?
Our classes are kept small and are thought by qualified Fashion Designers. We focus on what it is you want to achieve from the course and as the classes are kept so small we find students manage to get a lot of work done in these intensive bursts.
How long is this class ?
6 hours each day for two days with a 30 min break
What materials will I need ?
For the dressmaking course we advise you bring a pattern for a garment of your choice based on your skill level ( feel free to call us to discuss ) .
You will need fabric to match ( the amount is written on the pattern )
and closures ie Zip or buttons
Interfacing if required.
Due to covid restrictions these dates may change , any change will be subject to reschedule for any date suitable and in line with Gov guidelines.
November 13th & 14th- 1pm -7pm
December 4th & 5th- 1pm - 7pm
Jan 22nd & 23rd- 1pm - 7pm
Feb 12th & 13th -1pm -7pm
March 19th & 20th -1pm -7pm