2 Day weekend Fashion Design & Dressmaking
Who is this course for ?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate , our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
This course is especially good for anyone who is perhaps studying fashion design or has an interest in Fashion design as a career.
You May choose to do our 2 day Fashion design or 2 day Dressmaking dependant on your individual needs and skills.
What will I Learn in this class?
You will learn (Dressmaking)
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures ( zips etc )
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
- Most people complete at least 2 garments
In our Fashion Design version you will learn
- How to draft a bodice , sleeve and skirt block
- A variety of block adaptations
- How to construct toilles
- You will design up to 1/2 garments and produce patterns for these
- If time allows you will also construct these garments in class .
Whats special about this class?
Our classes are kept small and are thought by qualified Fashion Designers. We focus on what it is you want to achieve from the course and as the classes are kept so small we find students manage to get a lot of work done in these intensive bursts.
How long is this class ?
6 hours each day for two days
What materials will I need ?
This will depend on each person and will be discussed before course commencement.
February 2019 23rd & 24th 12pm - 6pm
March 2019 23rd & 24th 1pm -7pm sold out
April 2019 27th - 28th 1pm - 7pm sold out
May 2019 18-19 1pm-7pm ( 2 places left )
June 2019 29th 1-7pm , 30th 12 -6pm
July 2019 6th & 7th 1-7pm
August 2019 10th - 11th 1pm -7pm
September 2019 28th -29th 1pm -7pm