2 Day Weekend Fashion Design & Dressmaking
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate, our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
- This course is especially good for anyone who is perhaps studying fashion design or has an interest in fashion design as a career.
- You may choose to do our 2 day fashion design or 2 day dressmaking dependant on your individual needs and skills.
- You may purchase this and book a date later (valid for up to 6 months)
What will I learn in this class?
You will learn (Dressmaking):
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures (zips etc)
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally, how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
- Most people complete at least 2 garments!
In our Fashion Design version you will learn:
- How to draft a bodice , sleeve and skirt block
- A variety of block adaptations
- How to construct toiles
- You will design up to 1/2 garments and produce patterns for these
- If time allows you will also construct these garments in class!
Whats special about this class?
Our classes are kept small and are thought by qualified fashion designers. We focus on what it is you want to achieve from the course and as the classes are kept so small we find students manage to get a lot of work done in these intensive bursts.
How long is this class?
6 hours each day for 2 days with a 30 minute break.
What materials will I need ?
For the dressmaking course we advise you bring:
- A pattern for a garment of your choice based on your skill level (feel free to call us to discuss)
- Fabric to match (the amount is written on the pattern)
- Closures (zip or buttons)
- Interfacing if required.
* Unfortunately, no refunds are given. Please make sure that you, or the person you are gifting the workshop to, can attend this workshop.
If you cannot attend the workshop we can reschedule your workshop for a future course if you inform us up to 21 days prior to the workshop's start date. If you request to reschedule less than 21 days before the workshop starting date we will not be in a position to change the date. Places can be given to a friend if you can no longer attend - please inform us as soon as you can with the new attendee's contact details.
Feb 25th & 26th 1pm - 7pm
March 25th & 26th 1pm - 7pm
April 15th & 16th 1pm - 7pm
May 13th & 14th 1pm - 7pm
June 24th & 25th 1pm - 7pm
July 15th & 16th 1pm - 7pm
August 12th & 13th 1pm-7pm