Who is this course for ?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate , our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace. You don't need any experience or your own machine.
What will I Learn in this class?
You will learn
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures ( zips etc )
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
Whats special about this class?
This class is what we call our " cream of the crop class " and has been continually popular with our students over the years. In this class you can learn all the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns or you can work on some alterations. The possibilities are endless.
How long is this class ?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week , on the same day each week ,consecutively .
Please note if you do miss a class or need to reschedule we allow one make up class per term . We can be flexible if we are given adequate notice of days you may be not able to attend.
Make up classes will be subject to availability.
What materials will I need ?
You are welcome to call us for more info but what you will need is
- A pattern ( based on your skill level )
- Fabric ( amount determined by pattern choice )
- Interfacing ( if called for by the pattern )
- Invisible zip ( if called for by the pattern )
Next course dates
Due to covid restrictions these dates may change , any change will be subject to reschedule for any date suitable and in line with Gov guidelines.
If the dates listed are not suitable please contact us as we often have vacancies outside the scheduled dates.
- Tuesday 2nd @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 2nd @ 1.30pm
- Tuesday 2nd @ 6pm
- Wed 3rd @ 10.30am
- Wed 3rd @ 1.30pm
- Wed 3rd @ 6pm
- Sat 6th @ 11am
- Sat 8th @ 11am
- Tuesday 11th @ 10.30am
- Tuesday 11th @ 1.30pm
- Tuesday 11th @ 6pm
- Wed 12th @ 10.30am
- Wed 12th @ 1.30pm
- Wed 12th @ 6pm
- Sat 12th @ 11am
- Tues 15th @ 10.30am
- Tues 15th @ 1.30pm
- Tues 15th @ 6pm
- Wed 16th @ 10.30am
- Wed 16th @ 1.30pm
- Wed 16th @ 6pm
- Sat 19th @ 11am
- Tues 22nd @ 10.30am
- Tues 22nd @ 1.30pm
- Tues 22nd @ 6pm
- Wed 23rd @ 10.30am
- Wed 23rd @ 1.30pm
- Wed 23rd @ 6pm