6 Week Dressmaking Course
Who is this course for ?
This course id for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate , our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
What will I Learn in this class?
You will learn
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures ( zips etc )
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
Whats special about this class?
This class is what we call our " cream of the crop class " and has been continually popular with our students over the years. In this class you can learn all the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns. The possibilities are endless.
How long is this class ?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week for 6 weeks.
What materials will I need ?
You are welcome to call us for more info but what you will need is
- A pattern ( based on your skill level )
- Fabric ( amount determined by pattern choice )
- Interfacing ( if called for by the pattern )
- Invisible zip ( if called for by the pattern )
- Next course dates
- Tuesday 4th or 18th @ 10.30am or 6pm
- Wednesday 5th or 19th @10.30am or 6pm or 8pm
- Saturday 22nd @ 10am or 12pm
- Tuesday 2nd @ 10.30am or 6pm
- Wednesday 3rd @10.30am or 6pm or 8pm
- Saturday 6th @ 10am or 12pm
- Tuesday 6th @ 10.30am or 6pm
- Wednesday 7th @10.30am or 6pm or 8pm
- Saturday 10th @ 10am or 12pm
More dates coming soon