6 Week Dressmaking Course
Who is this course for ?
This course id for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate , our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace.
What will I Learn in this class?
You will learn
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures ( zips etc )
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
Whats special about this class?
This class is what we call our " cream of the crop class " and has been continually popular with our students over the years. In this class you can learn all the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns. The possibilities are endless.
You may purchase this and book your course at a later date or to reserve your slot please follow this link http://www.whenpoppymetdaisy.com/reserve-your-place.html
How long is this class ?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week for 6 weeks.
What materials will I need ?
You are welcome to call us for more info but what you will need is
- A pattern ( based on your skill level )
- Fabric ( amount determined by pattern choice )
- Interfacing ( if called for by the pattern )
- Invisible zip ( if called for by the pattern )
- Next course dates
- Tuesday 14th 10.30am or 6pm
- Wednesday 15th 10.30am or 6pm
- Saturday 18th @ 11am
- Tuesday 4th 10.30am or 6pm
- Wednesday 5th 10.30am or 6pm
- Saturday 8th @ 11am
- Tuesday 10th 10.30am or 6pm
- Wednesday 11th 10.30am or 6pm
- Saturday 14th @ 11am
More dates coming soon