Intro to Sewing:
Who is the course for?
Learn the basics of using a sewing machine for complete beginners
What will I study in this class?
During this course we will show you how to thread up a machine and complete straightforward stitches. We will help build your confidence on a machine and get you ready to start our other courses. We will cover machine troubleshooting , machine feet , threading a bobbin , straight stitching and zig zag . You will make a small pencil case with a zip in this class. After that we will move on to our Alterations which will include
- An Array of hems
- How to change a neckline / armhole
- How to add a trim
- How to insert an invisible zip
- What makes this course special?
- No previous sewing experience is required.
- Ideal for beginners and those with interest in making their own clothes/product
How long is the class?
How do i reserve my place ?
Please pay using the add to cart button for your required date
Due to covid restrictions these dates may change , any change will be subject to reschedule for any date suitable and in line with Gov guidelines.
- Sat 11th @ 2pm
- Sunday 12th @ 12pm
- Sunday 9th @ 12pm
- Sunday 16th @ 12pm
- Sunday 30th @ 12pm
- Sunday 6th @ 12pm
- Sunday 20th @ 12pm
- Sunday 27th @ 12pm
- Sunday 6th @ 12pm
- Sunday 13th @12pm
- Sunday 27th @12pm
- Sunday 3rd @ 12pm
- Sunday 10th @ 12pm
- Sunday 8th @ 12pm
- Sunday 15th @ 12pm
- Sunday 5th @ 12pm
- Sunday 12 @ 12pm
6 week Dressmaking:
Who is this course for ?
This course is for anyone from TOTAL beginner to intermediate , our classes are thought by individual attention in a class setting and you can take your project at your own pace. You don't need any experience or your own machine.
What will I Learn in this class?
You will learn
- How to choose suitable fabrics for your garment choice
- How to measure and cut a pattern accurately
- How to cut and lay fabric correctly
- How to mark and match notches
- How to construct your garment from scratch
- Insert facings and closures ( zips etc )
- How to alter your garment to your taste
- Finally how to finish a garment to a high standard including closures and hems
Whats special about this class?
This class is what we call our " cream of the crop class " and has been continually popular with our students over the years. In this class you can learn all the techniques to make your own clothing in a fun friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you also choose we can also show you how to design your own patterns or you can work on some alterations. The possibilities are endless.
How long is this class ?
Classes are 2 hours long once a week , on the same day each week ,consecutively .
Please note if you do miss a class or need to reschedule we allow one make up class per term . We can be flexible if we are given adequate notice of days you may be not able to attend.
Make up classes will be subject to availability.
What materials will I need ?
You are welcome to call us for more info but what you will need is
- A pattern ( based on your skill level )
- Fabric ( amount determined by pattern choice )
- Interfacing ( if called for by the pattern )
- Invisible zip ( if called for by the pattern )